Alliance Française de Cork (“AFC” or “We”) is a Registered Irish Charity whose activity is not-for-profit. AFC fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of data subjects who share information with AFC (“You”) and to comply with the GDPR 2018’s requirements. AFC located at Enterprise House 2ndFloor, 36 Mary Street, Cork,T12 RCY9 is the controller of your personal data. You can contact us by postal mail, by email at email@example.com by phone at (021) 431 0677.
practises or changes in applicable law, so please check it regularly for updates.
What information do We collect and when?
We may process the following categories of personal data :
- Personal details (i.e. surname, first name, birth date, gender) in the ordinary course of our relationship with You (e.g. enrolment in a Course) or when you contact us by phone or by email.
- Contact details (i.e. address, telephone/mobile number, email) in the ordinary course of our relationship with You (e.g. enrolment in a Course) or when you contact us by phone or by email.
- Payment and purchase details (i.e. payment method, date, amount, credit card account number, cardholder name, card security details, card expiry date) when You enrol in one of our Courses or buy one of our Products.
- Data relating to our sites when You visit our sites (i.e. device type, operating system, browser type, IP address, country, IP address, dates and time of connecting to the site, username, aggregate statistical information).
- Content and advertising data (i.e. records of interaction with our online advertising and content) when You interact with one of our online advertising and content.
- We can also collect personal data about You from public sources (e.g. you make a public post about us on a social media).
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes as part of the execution of the contract between You and us:
- Provision of Courses and Products: administrative management of the Student account; identification of a Student; communicating with You in relation to the Courses or Products.
- Financial management including delinquency management.
- Management of requests to exercise the rights of persons (e.g. access right).
- Voluntary agreements in the framework of the Cork French Film Festival.
We may also process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of our legitimate interests or of your consent:
- Websites: operating and managing our Websites; providing content to You; displaying advertising and other information to You; communicating and interacting with You via our Websites; notifying you of any change in relation to our Websites.
- Communications: communicating with You via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) about our activities, Courses and Products in which you may be interested; prospection.
- Statistical studies, analyses and audience measurements.
- Operations of IT security.
- Legal proceedings.
Finally, We can process your personal data where the processing is required by applicable law (i.e. compliance with our legal and regulatory
How long We keep your personal data ?
Storage period: Our records of personal data are kept for the period that is strictly necessary to reach the purpose of the personal data processing. During this period your personal data may be processed by us. We only store personal data strictly necessary for the purpose of the processing. Archiving period: After the end of the storage period and before deletion or anonymization, the records of personal data may be kept for administrative purposes pursuant to an applicable legal obligation or statutes of limitation (e.g. legal actions), if applicable.
Personal data used for marketing campaign purpose are stored 12 months as from your last enrolment or purchase. We do not store and archive
your credit card details after a payment is made.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below:
- Third party processors (i.e. payment and administration services providers): AFC uses professional platforms to ensure your information is treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with applicable regulation. These platforms are (i) SYNERGY : a school management software that allows us to administer our Students’ databases, measure audience, made statistical studies, send emails regarding our Courses and cultural events and proceed to online payments with the encashment platform STRIPE (ii) CLOVER an external payment gateway provider to made payments over the phone and in person. No credits card details are captured or stored by the AFC.
- Legal representatives: personal data of child and teenagers under 18 years old are disclosed to their parents or guardians.
- Accountant, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors of the AFC subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- Mandatory disclosures :We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities, law enforcement agencies or courts (e.g. purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation). We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend AFC’s legitimate interests (e.g. in civil or criminal legal proceedings).
- Any relevant third party provider where our Websites use third party advertising, plugins or content: your personal data will be share with such third party, only if You decide to interact with their advertising, plugins or content.
- Non-profit partners: sharing personal data with friendly, like-minded non-profit partners for organisation of cultural events and national language exams.
International transfer of personal data
We may need to transfer your personal data to third parties, as indicated in the paragraph before, in connection with the purposes set out
personal data to recipients located outside of the EEA who are not in adequate jurisdictions or binded by the Privacy Shield, We do so on
the basis of standard agreement approved by relevant authorities or binding corporate rules.
How Do We Address the Privacy of Children?
Our Courses and Products are typically intended for general audiences. AFC does not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 18 years old without the consent of their parents or guardians.
We do not process the personal data of a child for purposes of direct marketing.
What Steps Are Taken to Safeguard Personal Data and keep them accurate?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data (e.g. access log, limited file access rights etc.).
We also take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal data are kept accurate and up-to-date and are erased or rectified if We
become aware of inaccuracies (e.g. ask you to confirm your address email or phone number for a re-enrolment in a Course).
What Are Your Rights and How exercise them?
You have the following rights regarding personal data that AFC processes about You:
- Access: know what personal data We hold about You (i.e. nature, processing and disclosure) and obtain a copy.
- Rectification: request rectification of any inaccurate of your personal data.
- Erasure: request the erasure of your personal data on the basis of one of the grounds set out in Article 17 of the GDPR.
- Restriction: request the restriction of processing on the basis of one of the grounds set out in Article 18 of the GDPR.
- Unsubscribe and object: unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and request We stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
- Data portability: transfer of your personal data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Withdrawal of your consent: withdraw your consent for AFC to process your personal data where We process on the basis of your consent .
- Complaint: lodge complaints regarding the procession of your personal data with the Data Protection Commission of Ireland.
We may require proof of your identity before We can give effect to these rights.
Email Newsletter and Direct Marketing
AFC uses its email newsletter to notify subscribers of events, activities and cultural events. We may also process your personal data to contact you with information regarding (i) our Courses, Products that may be interested to you and kind similar to those you already bought; and (ii) our non-commercial events. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
Last update : March 2019.
Design by Monsieur Graphic