Terms & Conditions for Adults
GROUP COURSES FOR ADULTS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. Relationship between You and Alliance Française de Cork
These General Terms & Conditions of Sales for the services and products of Alliance Française de Cork (“Sales Conditions”) apply to the contractual relationship between You (“Student” or “You”) and Alliance Française de Cork, a limited company registered on the Charity Regulator under the number 6550569H (“AFC” or “We”) and having its registered office at Enterprise House, 2nd Floor, 36 Mary Street, Cork (“Front Desk”).
You can contact AFC:
- By Phone : 021 431 0677
- By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
AFC offers to Student French courses for all ages and levels: pre-school, primary, secondary, hird-level and adults; and preparation for different French language certifications (i.e. DELF&DALF, DFP, TEF) ( “Course(s)”). Such Courses can be booked online on the following website https://alliancefrancaisecork.sslsvc.com/ (“Website”), in person at the Front Desk or over the phone at the phone number aforementioned.
Courses take place during the year at different periods (e.g. quarter, semester etc.) of the year named Term or during the school year holidays named Camp or before the DELF/DALF examination officials dates named Preparation.
Course is (i) in group where there are several Students by class (“Group Course”); or (ii) in Private Tuition where there are one or two Students by class (“Private Tuition”).
AFC can also sell to Student educational books at its Front Desk or in a package online or over the phone to support certain Courses (“Product(s)”).
As a Student of AFC, You, acknowledge and guarantee:
- That You have obtained and read a copy of these Sales Condition;
- That You agree with, and don’t object to any clause of these Sales Conditions;
- That any order by You is considered as a full acceptance of these Sales Conditions;
- To be over 18 years old.
These Sales Conditions are applicable to all means and actions enabling (1) the presentation of a Course or Product’s offer by AFC to a Student through the Website, over the phone or at Front Desk (2) the acceptation of such offer by the Student thereby leading to the conclusion of a contract ruled by these Sales Conditions and (3) the performance of the contract. Once signed, these Sales Conditions will apply for all your next re-enrolment or purchase, without prejudice of the Article 17.2 below.
The enrolled Student is entitled to free access to our Multimedia Library and our online digital portal Culturethèque.
3. Enrolment process
3.1 Description of the Courses and Products – Price
Each Course is subject to a description (i) on the Website; (ii) orally by the receptionist over the phone; or (ii) on the brochure or orally by the receptionist or the teachers at the Front Desk.
Each Product is subject to a description (i) on the Website only for the package Course+Product; (ii) orally by the receptionist over the phone; or (ii) on the brochure or orally by the receptionist or the teachers at the Front Desk.
Only the descriptions, characteristics and prices that We publish and that We directly present on the Website, orally over the phone or at the Front Desk and on the brochure shall be regarded as constituting the description of the Course and/or the Product provided by AFC.
The prices can me be modified at any time without prior notice. Only the price presented at the moment the Student enrols in a Course or buys a Product is applicable.
The aforementioned elements determine the offer by which We are bound to when accepted by You.
The offers that We present to You via our Website, over the phone or at our Front Desk are valid, within the limits of (i) the number of places still available in a Course; or (ii) our stock of Products.
3.2 Choice of Adult Group Course
You are fully responsible to verify the Course or the Product is compatible with your French level and needs.
The Adult Group Courses are class in group.
3.2.1 New Student with no prior formal knowledge
If You are a new Student with no formal prior knowledge of French, You must enrol in A1.1 Beginners or equivalent.
You acknowledge that (i) other Students in your class may have had a prior contact and acknowledge of the French language without ever
having had taken formal courses and (ii) despite apparent differences in knowledge that may arise from the above, new Students to French and
new Students that have had a little informal exposure to French should enrol in A1.1 French.
3.2.2 New Student with prior knowledge
If You are a new Student with prior knowledge of French, You must (i) complete and submit a level assessment request form on our Website before enrolling in a Course; or (ii) complete assessment interview with a teacher at our Front Desk.
Returning students that have not attended Courses at AFC for six (6) months or more must complete and submit a level assessment request form on our Website or at our Front Desk before enrolling in a Course.
The level assessment will determine your French level. Then, You shall enrol in a Course or buy a Product corresponding to your French level as determined in the level assessment.
No complaint will be tended to if You choose to skip the level assessment and/or if You enrol in a wrong class or level without prior consultation of AFC’s staff.
If You feel that You have been incorrectly assessed, it is your responsibility to contact Us as soon as possible so that we can proceed with
a reassessment and provide them with a suitable learning option.
3.2.3 Re-enrolled Student
If You are not a new Student (i.e. You have recently been an enrolled Student at AFC) You can directly enrol on a Course of your choice fitting with your French level.
Please be advised that returning students who have not attended Courses at AFC for six (6) months or more must complete and submit a level assessment request form on our Website or at our Front Desk before enrolling in a new Course.
3.3 Student registration, discount and payment
You can enrol yourself:
- ONLINE via our Website;
- OVER THE PHONE on 021 431 0677;
IN PERSON at our Front Desk : Enterprise House, 2nd Floor, 36 Mary Street, Cork.
3.3.1 Registration for a Course
Please, be advised that spaces in a Course are limited and enrolment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The registration is different following You are:
- A new Student: You have to accurately communicate all requested information of the online or paper form to enrol yourself (e.g. name, gender, date of birth, email, Course or Product chose). Then, online You have to click on the button “Save and Select”. All this information is needed by AFC to proceed to your enrolment. If You enrol yourself on our Website, You will also be asked to set a password in order to create an account. Thus, You will be able to find all the information You communicated to AFC at the next visit of our Website.
- A re-enrolled Student: If you register online, You have to (i) enter your email and password in order to connect to your account; or (ii) create an account like a new Student if you still do not have one. If You register over the phone or at the Front Desk, identify yourself orally in order for us to view your file on our database.
3.3.2 Discount and Concession rates
Discounts are not cumulative: only one discount applies per person per enrolment in a Course. You can benefit from the following discount:).
- A 10% discount on Group Course fee applicable to an enrolment that is finalised and paid in full at least one week (7 days) prior to the commencement date Course(“Early Booking”); or
- A “Promocode” discount (“Promocode”).
Discounts are not applicable retroactively to an enrolment that has already been finalised and paid in full or part.
3.3.3 Payment of a Course or Product
188.8.131.52 Online and Over the phone payment
Note that online payment and payment over the phone are only possible for Course enrolment and not for buying a Product. Nevertheless, it is possible that some package Course include a Product. In the latter, You will have to pay the package in one time online or over the phone.
Once You have been registered online or over the phone, You shall pay the Course fee indicated.
Please be advised that the full Course fee must be paid upfront and in full at the time of the enrolment.
Online, You must click on the button “Check out” or “Order for someone else” after checking the information.
If you benefit from an Early Booking, such discount will automatically be applied or the receptionist will indicate it to You over the phone. If you benefit from a Promocode, You must manually enter you code or indicate it to the receptionist over the phone. The final fee to pay will then include such discount. Then, you must click on the button “Proceed”.
Then, You will be asked to choose a means of payment:
- Online: credit card or debit card;
- Over the phone: credit card, debit card or bank transfer.
You will be asked to fulfill the electronic form that will allow us to identify and proceed to the payment. The transaction is carried out
through (i) the transaction encashment platform STRIPE, online; or (ii) the transaction encashment platform CLOVER, over the phone; which
both are third party.
In order to realize your enrolment, We provide You with a summary of the relative information of your enrolment allowing You to verify the details you have communicated and the fee before to paying.
Before clicking on the button “Place my Order” or orally accept the order allowing You to enrol and to express your acceptance, You will be given the possibility to modify the information You provided.
Online, You must click on the button “Place my order” to complete your order. Over the phone, You must orally accept the information, to
complete your order. You are fully aware that the fact of placing an order implies an obligation to pay. Payment is direct.
Your payment confirmation constitutes your acceptance of the these Sales Conditions.
AFC may refuse to conclude the contract if your order is not in compliance with these Sales Conditions. An email with the acknowledgment of
your order, its approval by the AFC, your acceptance, and the payment processing will be sent to You by AFC at the email address that you
have indicated during the order process (“Order Confirmation Email”).
184.108.40.206 In person/at Front Desk payment
Note that the payment at the Front Desk is possible both for (i) the Courses, (ii) the Products and (iii) for package of Course and Product(s).
Once You have been registered at the Front Desk, You shall pay the Course fee.
Please be advised that the full Course fee must be paid upfront and in full at the time of the enrolment.
If you benefit from a Promocode, You must indicate it to the receptionist. If You benefit from an Early Booking, the receptionist will
indicate it to You. The final fee to pay will then include such discount.
Then, You will be asked to choose a means of payment.
- Credit card or debit card;
- Bank transfer.
By paying by card, You will be asked to enter your PIN Code on the payment terminal. The transaction is carried out through the transaction encashment platform CLOVER which is a third party. You are fully aware that the fact of placing an order implies an obligation to pay.
As soon as your payment is made, You will receive a paper receipt of your payment with a number of your order. Your payment constitutes your acceptance of the these Sales Conditions. AFC may refuse to conclude the contract if your order is not in compliance with these Sales Conditions. .
4. Enrolment refusal
We reserve the right to terminate the enrolment of any Student and to refuse any subsequent re-enrolments on a Course, particularly in case
of serious breach of AFC’s internal rules by the Student or any behaviour that deviates from the normal behaviour of a student. No refund
will be made in the event of termination during the Course of the Course.
5. Right of Withdrawal
5.1 Online and Over the phone Payment
Which time frame?
- You have the right of withdrawal from your enrolment on a Course or your purchase of a Product within fourteen (14) days from (i) the next day of the Order Confirmation Email reception for a Course; or (ii) the next day on which You or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by You has been delivered with your Product.
- When the 14-days period expires on a Saturday, Sunday or public or non-working day, it is extended until the first following working day.
How exercise my withdrawal right?
- To exercise your right of withdrawal, You must notify AFC by postal mail at Alliance Française de Cork Enterprise House, 2nd Floor, 36 Mary Street, Cork or by email to email@example.com your decision to withdraw by means of an unambiguous statement (before the expiry of the withdrawal period). If you decide to inform us by postal means, We strongly recommend that You notice us your decision by a registered letter with an acknowledgement of receipt because the burden of proof lies on You.
- You may ask to AFC to provide you with a model withdrawal form.
How and what will be refunded to me?
- In the event of withdrawal, AFC will refund You the amount of fee You paid using the same means of payment that You used for the initial transaction, unless AFC and You expressly agree otherwise. This reimbursement will not result in any costs for You.
- However, each Course of a Course beginning at a precise date, You are aware and You accept that the execution of the Course may begin before the expiration of the 14-days withdrawal period (e.g. You enrol yourself 7 days before the beginning of the Course, that’s to say 7 days before the first class of the Course). In this case, You will be charged within the period from the day of the conclusion of the contract until the date We receive your unequivocal statement of withdrawal (i.e. You will be not refund for the classes of the Course You attended). The amount charged will be proportionate to the total fee of the Course agreed in the contract.
How return a Product ?
- The return of the Product is at your own expense. You shall return the Product within 14 days as from your decision of exercise your withdrawal right. You shall bear the direct cost of returning the Product unless you bring the Product back in person at the Front Desk of AFC. The burden of proof lies on You.
- You shall be liable for any diminished value of the Product other that what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Product. Product returned incomplete, damaged or soiled by the Student is not taken back and cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
How long will it take for me to be reimbursed?
- AFC undertakes to reimburse You within 14 days of the date on which it is informed of your intention to withdraw or from that date AFC receives the Product back or the evidence of having sent back the Product.
- You shall not incur any fee as a result of such reimbursement.
5.2 In Person/at Front Desk payment
You do not have a right of withdrawal when You (i) enrol yourself for a Course in person at the Front Desk of AFC; or (ii) order a Product in person at the front desk of AFC.
The contract is definitively concluded when the payment of your order is made without prejudice to the right of cancellation that we grant You below.
6. Course size and time slot
The maximum number of Students that can be enrolled in a group Course is sixteen (16) Students.
The minimum number of Students required to open a Course is seven (7) Students. Course that fail to attract sufficient enrolment numbers may be cancelled or modified and Students will be offered alter solution, such as:
- A transfer to another Course or level; or
- A reduction of the number of Course’s weeks according to the reduction of children in the classes of the Course; or
- The postponement of your enrolment; or
- Private tuition alone or with another Student.
If no suitable alternative Course arrangement can be identified, refunds may be offered if the class is cancelled.
The Students will be notified of such changes as clearly as possible by e-mail, text message and phone/voicemail.
Furthermore, AFC can also modify, if necessary, the Course schedules and timetables.
7. Student’s Commitment and Absence
Student enrols and commits (i) to attend the classes for the full length of the Course; (ii) to diligently and punctually attend the Course; (iii) to stay with the same Group Course for the full length of the Course.
Application for a class transfer must be addressed in writing by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event You miss one or more classes of your Course, no postponement, full or partial refund will be accepted for any reason whatsoever.
8. Cancelling your enrolment
Without prejudice of your right of withdrawal, any enrolment cancellation prior to the beginning of a Course, for which fee has already been paid in part or in full, will be subject of a refund within thirty (30) working days from receiving your request of cancellation.
An administration fee of seventy-five euro (75 euros)will be not refunded.
If the enrolment cancellation is late (three working days before the start of the Course), the administration fee will be fifty percent of the Course’s fee.
The request of cancellation must be made in writing by postal or e-mail.
Without prejudice of your right of withdrawal, once enrolled on a Course no refund will be made to a Student in respect of the Course which has commenced.
Without prejudice of your right of withdrawal, no refund in respect of Products shall be made at any stage by AFC.
9. Deferring your Course
When a committed Student is no longer able to attend classes the remainder of a Course, We might be able to organise a partial credit note. Credit note may be provided strictly in the event of one of the following unforeseen circumstances:
- Following an accident or trauma (supporting documentation required); or
- While receiving medical treatment that prevents the Student’s completion of the Course (supporting documentation required).
Request for credit note must be addressed in writing by email to the Director of AFC at the following address email@example.com supporting documentation.
Credit note will be the value of the Course fee corresponding to the remainder of the Course at the time the request is received, less seventy-five euro (75 euros) administration fee. The following cumulative strict conditions apply to credit notes:
- They cannot be refunded for money;
- They are valid for a period of 12 months from the date they are issued;
- Their validity period cannot be extended;
- They are not transferable; and
- They are valid exclusively for the Group Course purchase.
10.Class Cancellation in the event of a Force Majeure
AFC will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in the performance of its obligations in respect of unforeseen events outside its reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any acts, events, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of AFC and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action; or
- Civil Commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threatened terrorist attack or (whether declared or not) threat or preparation for war; or
- Fire explosion, storm flood, earthquake subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; or
- Road closures or disruptions preventing access to AFC premises; or
- Impossibility of the use of the public or private telecommunications network; or
- A recommendation by a relevant authority such as Met Éirann and the Government Task Force on Emergency Planning; or
- Any injunction against AFC.
Any class of a Course scheduled for the period of the Force Majeure Event will be cancelled or rescheduled without any liability on the part of AFC to compensate or schedule a replacement class.
To the extent that it is possible such cancellation will be advertised on AFC Website or otherwise communicated to the Students concerned.
11. Designation and absence of a teacher
For each Course, AFC will designate a teacher and a room in which the Course will take place. You will not have an automatic entitlement to be taught by a specific teacher or to a specific room. AFC cannot guarantee the same teacher for the entire duration of a Course.
To the extent that it is possible, in the event of a teacher’s absence from a scheduled class (e.g. the teacher must supervise an official exam like DELF exam), while the premises is open, AFC is committed to ensuring continuity of service. If the circumstances do not permit the replacement of the absent teacher by a substitute teacher on the scheduled day, the class will be rescheduled to another time which may not necessary correspond to its usual day of week and/or timeslot. No partial refund can be granted for classes no attended as outlined in clause 7.
12. Insurance and Student’s property
Health, accident and civil liability insurance are mandatory and at the expense of the Student.
AFC will not be held responsible for loss or theft of any Student’s property from the premises. The Student’s property is the sole
responsibility of the Student at all times.
13. Absence of liability in the event of failure
AFC does not accept any liability in the event a Student or an exam candidate failing to achieve his/her learning objectives or to pass
his/her exam. The Student thereby agrees to meet his/her commitments as indicated in Article 7.
14. Public Holidays
AFC is closed during all designated public holidays in the Republic of Ireland. Therefore, classes will not be held on public holidays.
15. Cork French Film Festival – Film Pass
As part of the annual Cork French Film Festival organised by AFC, AFC can sell Film Pass to Students or non-member persons. A Film Pass allows You to attend several films that You have chosen in advance at the Cork Gate Cinemas during the Cork French Film Festival.
Cork Gate Cinemas is your only co-contractor. AFC only acts as a representative for selling ticket films. Therefore, for further details about your purchase of film ticket, please refer to the General Sales Conditions of the Cork Gate Cinemas.
16. Personal data
17. General Provisions
17.1 Scope of the Contract
This version of the Sales Conditions constitutes the entire contract between You and AFC and cancels, excludes and replaces any previous conditions in its subject matter. Once signed, these Sales Conditions will apply for all your next re-enrolment or purchase, without prejudice of the Article 17.2 below.
17.2 Modification of the Sales Conditions
You acknowledge and agreed that AFC keeps the right to modify or change, in any case, all or part of these Sales Conditions to reflect changes to the law or any applicable regulation, changes to our Courses or Products or any event which is deemed sufficient by AFC to command such revisions. Any new version of the Sales Conditions replaces the previous the previous Sales Conditions. Changes will not apply retroactively.
If any provision of the Sales Conditions is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall,
insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Sales Conditions and shall in no way affect the legality,
validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
17.4 Applicable law, relevant jurisdictions and dispute resolution
These Sales Conditions are subject to Irish Law and the Irish courts will be competent. In the event of any dispute between AFC and You arising out or in connection with these Sales Conditions or with the Courses or Products, You and AFC shall attempt, promptly, in good faith and before any judicial action, to resolve the dispute amicably. If despite all our efforts to meet your expectations you do not get satisfaction, you can use the online dispute resolution platform provided by the European Commission. You can access to the platform by following this link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/consumers/resolve-your-consumer-complaint_en
You can also proceed in the Irish competent Court.
Last update: May 2019
Alliance Française de Cork (“AFC” or “We”) is a Registered Irish Charity whose activity is not-for-profit. AFC fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of data subjects who share information with AFC (“You”) and to comply with the GDPR 2018’s requirements. AFC ocated at Enterprise House 2ndFloor, 36 Mary Street, Cork,T12 RCY9 is the controller of your personal data. You can contact us by postal mail, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at (021) 431 0677.
What information do We collect and when?
We may process the following categories of personal data:
- Personal details (i.e. surname, first name, birth date, gender) relating to You and your child or teenager, if relevant, in the ordinary course of our relationship with You or your child or teenager (e.g. enrolment in a Course) or when you contact us by phone or by email.
- Contact details (i.e. address, telephone/mobile number, email) in the ordinary course of our relationship with You (e.g. enrolment in a Course) or when you contact us by phone or by email.
- Payment and purchase details (i.e. payment method, date, amount, credit card account number, cardholder name, card security details, card expiry date) when You enrol in one of our Courses or buy one of our Products.
- Data relating to our sites when You visit our sites (i.e. device type, operating system, browser type, IP address, country, IP address, dates and time of connecting to the site, username, aggregate statistical information).
- Content and advertising data (i.e. records of interaction with our online advertising and content) when You interact with one of our online advertising and content.
- Allergy data can be requested when You enrol your child or teenager.
- We can also collect personal data about You from public sources (e.g. you make a public post about us on a social media).
Why do We Process personal data?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes as part of the execution of the contract between You and us:
- Provision of Courses and Products: administrative management of the Student account; identification of a Student; communicating with You in relation to the Courses or Products.
- Financial management including delinquency management.
- Management of requests to exercise the rights of persons (e.g. access right).
- Voluntary agreements in the framework of the Cork French Film Festival.
We may also process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of our legitimate interests or of your consent:
- Websites: operating and managing our Websites; providing content to You; displaying advertising and other information to You; communicating and interacting with You via our Websites; notifying you of any change in relation to our Websites.
- Communications: communicating with You via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) about our activities, Courses and Products in which you may be interested; prospection.
- Statistical studies, analyses and audience measurements.
- Safety and Security: (i) Provision of safe Courses in case of taste workshops for children and teenagers; (ii) Provision of First Aid in case of emergency; (iii) contact of parent or guardian in case of emergency.
- Operations of IT security.
- Legal proceedings.
Finally, We can process your personal data where the processing is required by applicable law (i.e. compliance with our legal and regulatory
How long We keep your personal data ?
Storage period: Our records of personal data are kept for the period that is strictly necessary to reach the purpose of the personal data processing. During this period your personal data may be processed by us. We only store personal data strictly necessary for the purpose of the processing. Archiving period: After the end of the storage period and before deletion or anonymization, the records of personal data may be kept for administrative purposes pursuant to an applicable legal obligation or statutes of limitation (e.g. legal actions), if applicable.
Personal data used for marketing campaign purpose are stored 12 months as from your last enrolment or purchase. We do not store and archive
your credit card details after a payment is made.
Do We share personal data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below:
- Third party processors (i.e. payment and administration services providers): AFC uses professional platforms to ensure your information is treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with applicable regulation. These platforms are (i) SYNERGY: school management software that allows us to administer our Students’ databases, measure audience, made statistical studies, send emails regarding our Courses and cultural events and proceed to online payments with the encashment platform STRIPE (ii) CLOVER an external payment gateway provider to made payments over the phone and in person. No credits card details are captured or stored by the AFC.
- Legal representatives: personal data of child and teenagers under 18 years old are disclosed to their parents or guardians.
- Accountant, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors of the AFC subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- Mandatory disclosures: We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities, law enforcement agencies or courts (e.g. purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation). We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend AFC’s legitimate interests (e.g. in civil or criminal legal proceedings).
- Any relevant third party provider where our Websites use third party advertising, plugins or content: your personal data will be share with such third party, only if You decide to interact with their advertising, plugins or content.
- Non-profit partners: sharing personal data with friendly, like-minded non-profit partners for organisation of cultural events and national language exams.
International transfer of personal data
We may need to transfer your personal data to third parties, as indicated in the paragraph before, in connection with the purposes set out
personal data to recipients located outside of the EEA who are not in adequate jurisdictions or bound by the Privacy Shield, We do so on the
basis of standard agreement approved by relevant authorities or binding corporate rules.
How do We address the Privacy of Children?
Our Courses and Products are typically intended for general audiences. AFC does not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 18 years old without the consent of their parents or guardians.
We do not process the personal data of a child for purposes of direct marketing.
What steps are taken to safeguard personal data and keep them accurate?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data (e.g. access log, limited file access rights etc.).
We also take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal data are kept accurate and up-to-date and are erased or rectified if We
become aware of inaccuracies (e.g. ask you to confirm your address email or phone number for a re-enrolment in a Course).
What are your rights and how exercise them?
You have the following rights regarding personal data that AFC processes about You:
- Access: know what personal data We hold about You (i.e. nature, processing and disclosure) and obtain a copy.
- Rectification: request rectification of any inaccurate of your personal data.
- Erasure: request the erasure of your personal data on the basis of one of the grounds set out in Article 17 of the GDPR.
- Restriction: request the restriction of processing on the basis of one of the grounds set out in Article 18 of the GDPR.
- Unsubscribe and object: unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and request We stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
- Data portability: transfer of your personal data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Withdrawal of your consent: withdraw your consent for AFC to process your personal data where We process on the basis of your consent .
- Complaint: lodge complaints regarding the procession of your personal data with the Data Protection Commission of Ireland.
We may require proof of your identity before We can give effect to these rights.
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file which is downloaded to your device when You visit a website. Cookies are used by a lot of websites for a lot a different reason; they could help to remember your language preference, to navigate between the pages seamlessly, or to count the number of views of a page etc. usually to improve the user experience. More information on the Data Protection Commission website
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are technically essential in order to enable You to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies essential services, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance/analytics cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. We can use the services of third-parties (i.e. Google Analytics).
- Functionality cookies: We use functional cookies to enable us to provide You with enhanced functionality and personalisation. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies may be set by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages (e.g. Google Anaytics, Facebook, Youtube etc). If you do not add these cookies then some of these services may not function properly.
How to delete and block our cookies ? You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows You to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser.However, if You use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Email newsletter and direct marketing
AFC uses its email newsletter to notify subscribers of events, activities and cultural events. We may also process your personal data to contact you with information regarding (i) our Courses, Products that may be interested to you and kind similar to those you already bought; and (ii) our non-commercial events. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
Last update: May 2019.
Design by Monsieur Graphic